BOOK REVIEW : Shuffle, Repeat
By Jen Klein
BY SULPHIA IQBAL
- The leads of the story are childhood friends until something goes wrong over a misunderstanding.
- Once the two split, the male lead goes to become the popular guy at school while the girl is not so popular.
- The guy and girl hate each other's guts, until they are forced to interact after years of silent treatment.
- The popular guy, who has preserved this bad boy image, is actually, unbeknownst to basically everyone, a cinnamon roll who is too pure for this world. The bad boy image is, of course, based on a school-wide misunderstanding.
- They refuse to flat-out refute these misunderstandings.
- The girl hates his guts because of this bad boy image, but her defenses shatter when she realizes his true personality.